CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOADABLE VERSION: KA Yuma Havurah Newsletter SEPT 2014
- Rabbi Barney Kasdan, Kehilat Ariel Messianic Synagogue, San Diego, CA
http://www.kehilatariel.org (See: KA Weekly Messages.)
- Rabbi Jamie Cowen, Adonai Shamah Chavurah, Kibbutz Merchavia, Israel
- Rabbi Bruce L. Cohen, Congregation Beth El of Manhattan, NYC
- Rabbi David Rudolph, Tikvat Israel Messianic Jewish Congregation, Richmond, VA
- Rabbi Kirk Gliebe, Devar Emet Messianic Synagogue, Skokie, IL
Did you know?
1. K.A. Yuma is a member havurah of Kehilat Ariel Messianic Jewish Synagogue of San Diego, which is a member of the UMJC.
2. The UMJC is the ONLY Messianic Jewish organization that ordains Messianic Jewish military chaplains!
3. One of K.A. Yuma’s goals is to become a member havurah (also spelled “chavurah”) of the UMJC.
UMJC Havurah Membership Criteria:
- Membership in the UMJC is open to congregations and chavurot that meet the following criteria:
- Possession of a committed core of Jewish participants or members.
- Agreement with the by-laws and membership standards of the UMJC, including the statement of faith, and the vision statement “Defining Messianic Judaism,” and commitment to incorporate these in their practice.
- Meeting regularly, at least twice monthly for the entire year immediately preceding application.
The war between Israel and Hamas demands our prayers. What else can we do to help? Support the work of Shelters of Hope at http://www.sheltersofhope.org/ This ministry renovates bomb shelters for the safety of Israel citizens during times of war.
Read our newsletter for recent news reports and K.A. Yuma happenings.
Click here to download the newsletter: KA Yuma Havurah Newsletter AUG 2014
DINE WITH THE RESIDENTS Friday, July 11th: We will be dining with the residents at Copper Hills House this Friday. I heard today that a few of the residents recently passed away, so let’s comfort and encourage the folks who are grieving. Dinner is served at 5:00 p.m. and costs $5.00 per person.
JUST FOR FUN FELLOWSHIP (JFFF): Despite the threatening weather, we had great fun on July 4th, starting with the delicious chicken dinner from Pollo El Correteado restaurant, then playing the hilarious and often challenging board game Hubbub (co-created by my cousin Dan Levy, I’m proud to say, and available for purchase here: http://tinyurl.com/kmu272v), watching a splendid fireworks display, and finishing up with the excellent movie “Promised Land; Israel Through the Eyes of Surfers.” We especially loved seeing our own Rabbi Barney in the movie! (http://promisedlandthemovie.com/). Movie Trailer: http://youtu.be/RCiDprlvRuE
Our next JFFF will be Saturday, August 2nd. We will watch the movie “Israel, the Royal Tour, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Peter Greenberg.” Other activity suggestions are welcomed. JFFF is generally scheduled for the first Saturday of each month.
Enjoy getting to know some of the residents at Copper Hills House. We’ll be dining with them at 5:00pm on Friday, July 11. RSVP by this Monday so we can be sure to reserve a dinner for you. email: email@example.com